I’ll be absent from blogland for the next couple of weeks. When I get back, I’ll most definitely report on why I was away and what I was doing. (All I’ll say now is, again, woohoo!)
To keep you busy while I’m gone (stealing the idea from Novembrance, who just came out of her own bloggy break), here’s goofy a quiz about me. You’ll want to enter this one because of the fabulous prizes.
The person who provides the most correct answers will receive the Pretty in Pink gift box from Utah Kernels, a division of Colorado Kernels. They're easily my favorite gourmet popcorn company.
The gift box includes all THREE of my favorite flavors: Chocolate Avalanche, River Bottom Crunch, and Cherry Cordial. Scary levels of deliciousness, people!
It’s worth $26.99 and will be delivered to your door.
The person with the most creative responses gets this T-shirt from my new favorite blogger, Seriously, So Blessed!
If you haven’t read this hysterically funny satire on the Mormon Mom blog, you’re missing out . . . seriously!
Check it out. (Her e-store, too!) I dare you NOT to laugh as TAMN (Tiffany/Amber/Nicole/Megan) recounts her amazing, exciting life with her adoring newly wed hubby JJWT, who’s in law/dental/medical/business school.
Be sure to watch the buzz she made recently on KSL news.
The "Fro-Yo" (frozen yogurt) shirt reads, "Like cocaine, but cheaper, legal, and not against the plan."
I already ordered a shirt for myself that says, "Want me to put it in Laman's terms for you?" (Perfect for the Grammar Nazi, no?)
Finally, link to this post on your own blog to be part of a prize drawing. The winner will get a 5-card bundle with their choice of Line upon Line greeting cards.
Click on the widget at the right to check out their site for all their cards. I had a riot reading them all and laughing my little head off. The ladies behind this company are brilliant.
Here are some of my favorite lines from their cards:
A baby card: "Congrats on adding to your Eternal Glory."
For Dad (something all moms can relate to):
Outside: "mom, I'm hungry" "mom, the baby's stinky" "mom, she's pinching me" etc.
Inside: I'm so glad when Daddy comes home. Glad as I can be!
For Newly weds (wanna get them blushing?):
Outside: Just Married
Inside: Now go multiply and replenish the Earth!
AND . . . because I'm in a good mood, I'll draw a second winner from those who link back. That person will receive one of my books, of their choice.
To be part of the drawing, sure to pass along your post's permalink either in the comments or by emailing it to the address below.
Answering the Quiz:
Many answers can be found in previous posts, so many long-time readers will likely know several. People who have known me personally for years will know a few more. A good number of answers are found in my 100th post. And others questions? You’ll just have to hazard a guess. :)
Answer in the comments or via e-mail: annette at annette lyon dot com
Also, if you haven’t entered the Her Good Name contest yet, be sure to drop by the contest page on my website to do that. I’ll be drawing the winner in October.
The Official "While I’m Away" Quiz
1. At the age of 12, I underwent:
A. Oral surgery
B. Cosmetic surgery
D. 73 stitches in a gash on my leg
2. Which have I done in Utah?
A. Gone skiing at Sundance
B. Gone swimming in Lake Powell
C. Visited Timpanogos Cave
D. Scaled down the Robber’s Roost cliffs
3. All of these titles are books I loved as a child. Which inspired me to write my own stories?
A. A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle
B. From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, by E. L. Konigsburg
C. The Mouse and the Motorcycle, by Beverly Cleary
D. Anne of Green Gables, by L. M. Montgomery
4. Which of the following music groups do I not particularly care for?
A. The Mamas and the Papas
C. Simon and Garfunkle
D. The Eagles
5. I have performed in all of the following musicals except:
A. Fiddler on the Roof
B. The Sound of Music
C. Into the Woods
D. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat
6. If I were to return to school for a master’s degree and didn’t study English literature or writing, what would I probably study instead?
7. I name cars, but I’ve never driven one called:
8. At Olive Garden, I am most likely to order:
A. Chicken Fettuccine
C. Chicken Parmesan
D. Soup and Salad
9. Which salad dressing do I consider nasty?
A. Thousand Island
B. Honey Mustard
C. Bleu Cheese
10. Name one of my two favorite writing "toys." (Bonus if you can name both.)
11. What city did I live in until the age of four?
12. Two-part question, a point for each right answer:
With my children, I duplicated the family I grew up in.
1) What does that family look like? (Example: Boy, boy, girl, boy, girl.)
2) Where do I fit in?
13. We had lots of cats in my childhood home. Which name did NOT belong to one?
14. Which household chore do I hate?
A. Sweeping the kitchen
15. I have NOT visited:
16. Name my favorite L. M. Montgomery heroine.
17. I think I have cute:
C. Pinkie fingers
18. But I hate my:
19. I almost never leave the house without:
A. Waterproof mascara
B. Almond-flavored lip gloss
20. My husband and I met as ballroom team partners doing which dance?
D. Paso Doble
21. In high school, I took two years of which language?
(Note: all of these were really offered.)
22. I have all of the following nationalities in my blood except for:
23. Which of the following classic writers do I enjoy reading? (In other words, which one do I NOT despise?)
24. Which did I learn to do first: knit or type?
25. My part-time job in college was:
A. Staff editor for Inscape, a student literary magazine
B. Secretary for the P.E. department
C. Server in the Sky Room restaurant
D. Tutor in the writing lab
Good luck, and I'll see you when I get back!
(Hope you have as much fun over the next two weeks as I will be!)
Amazon's famous Prime Day events are huge for so many reasons, and for bookworms, it's even better: books aren't high-ticket ite...
When the young 'uns were tiny, having dinner table conversation didn't really happen. I often felt like the mom in The Christmas Sto...
I always hate school clothes shopping. It's not like buying something for yourself. It's a miserable process from any vantage point,...
Up today: An interview with one of the coolest people on the planet, and a dear, dear friend. I'm excited to announce two things in conj...