Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
- Trade-ins for new jeans in the men's section because your son is having yet another growth spurt and the ones you bought two weeks ago are too short but look brand new.
- By one, get one free, scientific calculators (with a bonus graphing calculator) for teens taking upper math.
- School-supply sales that go beyond crayons and markers (my suggestion: case lot sales for pallets of binders).
- Inexpensive locker decoration ideas (mostly for daughters).
- Frequent-customer punch cards for local orthodontists.
- Make-up sales (again, for teen daughters).
- Rebates where you get college tuition instead of cash.
- Notices on sales for hair products since all the kids now use not just hairspray, but mousse or gel.
- Also sales on shampoo and conditioner, since with puberty, they need to wash their hair more often.
- Giveaways on hair dryers, straighteners, and curling irons (with bonus entries if you have multiple daughters, since those things are dang expensive).
- Two words: free gas.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Monday, August 08, 2011
Ever since their father went to fight in Midian’s War, fourteen-year old Torin and twelve-year-old Merinne have been forced to fend for themselves, hoping one day their family will be reunited. But when a short woman with odd clothing finds Torin in the wood and tells him their father is a prisoner scheduled to be executed in fourteen days, his hopes for ever being a family again are dashed. Then a tiny green dragon shows up at their cottage, wounded and near death but lugging a legendary golden goblet behind him. He brings word of a prophecy that the siblings are to not only rescue their father but save the kingdom. With the help of Markanus, a wounded solider, they set out on a quest to free their father. In their search for the secret prison, the small group faces near-capture by the ruthless enemy army, a maze of terrifying underground caverns, kidnapping by giant hairy creatures that will kill them to keep the goblet, capture by outlaws, and attacks by snake-tongued flying beasts with razor-sharp talons. To succeed they must find help to deliver the goblet to their father and somehow muster the courage it will take to stay alive.
Wednesday, August 03, 2011
Monday, August 01, 2011
Welcome to the Hang ‘em High Hoedown, counting down the days until the release of Tristi Pinkston’s new novel Hang ‘em High, the third installment in The Secret Sisters Mysteries.
You are invited to the launch party:
When: Saturday, August 13th, 12 – 4 pm
Where: Pioneer Book, 858 S. State, Orem
Prizes, games, Dutch oven cobbler (first come, first served)
Tristi will be joined by authors Nichole Giles, Heather Justesen,
Cindy Hogan, and J. Lloyd Morgan
To count down to this book launch, Tristi is holding a contest, and you can win a ton of great prizes!
On my blog, you can win:
When the war on terror calls their husbands to duty, five LDS women are left behind to fight battles of their own: Kim, newlywed and pregnant, frightened of what the future might bring. Brenda, struggling to manage three unruly boys and a crippling bout of depression. Jessie, secretly grappling with mixed feelings about her emotionally abusive husband. Marianne, wrestling with a rebellious teenage daughter. And Nora, the seasoned Army wife with perfect hair, an immaculate home — and an ill-tempered mother dying of cancer.
Knowing the separation of deployment is extremely difficult, Nora gathers the wives every week to share lunches and burdens. In good company, they worry over safety in the field and stability at home and offer one another counsel and comfort. But as their personal crises build, each woman faces the risks of forming deep bonds of trust. And when tragedy strikes, they must confront the painful realities of war that pull families apart and bring friends together as sisters.
EDITED TO ADD:
OR you have the option of winning Tower of Strength, my fourth temple-related book. Like the other prizes in Tristi's Hoe Down, it features a HORSE. Winner's choice. Read about Tower of Strength HERE. (You can also watch the trailer for it in my side bar.)
To enter, do all of the following:
1. Be a follower of my blog.
2. Go to Tristi’s blog at http://www.tristipinkston.
3. Leave Tristi a comment and tell her you’ve been to my blog, and tell her one reason why you’d like to win my book.
You have two days to enter the contest on my blog (all entries for my prize must be received by midnight, August 2nd, MST), but the hoe down fun is just getting started.
Be sure to check Tristi’s blog every day for information about the next prize – you’re in for a rootin’-tootin’ good time as we count down the days!
An old book of mine, Tailor Made , is no longer available through Amazon, because the Kindle Worlds program has ceased to operate. As a r...
I came across two different pieces of fun online this week. (The first I stumbled on via Maya Reynold's blog , and the other one, Melan...
Don't miss out on the latest! OUT NOW: Kissing a Billionaire Collection Featuring romantic stories by Taylor Hart, Heather B....
~~~ Know of a sale I missed? Let me know in the comments! ~~~ Wreckage , by Emily Bleeker I shared this book last ...