- A copy of Stephanie Humphrey's debut romance, Finding Rose, published by Walnut Springs.
- A custom piece of jewelry from Bangles, Beads, N' Bobbles.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- resurrect from resurrection.
- aviate from aviation
- conversate from conversation
- evaluate from evaluation
- absorb from absorption
- beg from beggar
- buttle from butler
- burgle from burglar
- curate from curator
- commentate from commentator
- swindle from swindler
- tweeze from tweezers
- choreograph from choreography
- haze from hazy
- injure from injury
- jell from jelly
- sulk from sulky
- kempt from unkempt
- pea from pease (Remember the old rhyme: "Pease porridge hot. Pease porridge cold." Pease was singular.)
- mentee from mentor
- enthuse from enthusiasm
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
MORE ABOUT APLASIC ANEMIA:
Affecting only three in one million Americans each year, aplastic anemia is a disease of the bone marrow, where the marrow stops making enough red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets for the body. People like Davis, with severe or very severe aplastic anemia, are at risk for life-threatening infections or bleeding. Treatment includes bone marrow or cord blood transplant and immunosuppressive therapy.
If you can't attend, you can always donate at the "Distance for Davis" website: www.daviscoxfundraiser.com.
Reminder: Entries for the story part of my blog-anniversary giveaway are due TOMORROW, Wednesday, July 28th. All giveaway winners will be announced this Friday, July 30th.
Monday, July 26, 2010
We are so proud of him and his desire to serve! He's such a good example to our kids, and to the kids in his Primary class. Because of his great love for the Gospel and the fine example he has set in our home, even though he will be leaving, we will not be without the priesthood: Our two oldest boys hold the priesthood and love to serve. I see their happiness and willingness to fulfill their responsibilities and know it's because their dad is the same way! :) The younger two boys are anxiously waiting for their time to serve in the priesthood too!
Friday, July 23, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Yippee! Today marks FOUR YEARS since my very first post here at The Lyon' s Tale, wherein I celebrated my writerly weirdness.
- Four of my seven novels were published.
- I got two teenagers. (And an ulcer. Connected? You decide.)
- I got my own gorgeous office with built-in bookcases made by my husband.
- I won Utah's Best of State medal for fiction.
- The Whitney Awards were created. My suggestion for naming the award was picked. ("Whitney" in honor of apostle Orson F. Whitney, who envisioned an amazing future for LDS literature).
- I was a Whitney finalist, then a member of the committee, and this year got to present a Lifetime Achievement Award to Gerald Lund.
- (Speaking of which, be sure to nominate your favorite books by LDS writers . . . and that includes national books. A title needs five nominations to be official. Get nominating!)
- The Teen Writers Conference was born, which I've been part of since its inception.
- I broke my nose.
- I used elements from that experience in my next two books.
- Two daughters hurt their wrists w/in about 48 hours of one another: one sprained, the other broken. With their red hair, I was immediately identified by the Urgent Care NP. "Weren't you just here with another daughter with a similar injury?"(I am a fit mother. I SWEAR.)
- Husband and I took a trip to visit my parents in my other homeland, Finland, where they were presiding over the temple. You can read all about the trip HERE.
- I was asked to write a COOKBOOK, of all things. Lesson: You never know where writing opportunities will come from. Keep doors open. (And watch shelves in October!)
- I joined Facebook (with both a personal page and an author page).
- I joined Twitter (@Lyonstale).
- At the
pesteringrequest of many, many people, I created my grammar book.
- Most recently, I got my very first book available for readers once again, currently on the Kindle. (Can I hear a woot, woot?!)
Five Trivia Questions (all answers can be found here on my blog):1) What month of the year did I begin Word Nerd Wednesday? (Hint: Look for the "Word Nerdiversary" post.)2) When (month and year) was Lost Without You first published? (Hint: Look at a recent post.)3) What was the title of the first book I began to write (but never finished)? (Hint: The VERY FIRST post with from the Writing Journey series. They're labeled.)4) What cosmetic do I almost never leave the house without? (Hint: #76.)5) List the other SIX members of my critique group There are seven of us, but don't list me. (Hint: Sidebar)AGAIN: DO NOT put the answers into the comments. E-mail them to me.
Not just links, either; tons of news! Tailor Made goes live on Tuesday, September 3rd, but it's already available for pre-order. ...
I came across two different pieces of fun online this week. (The first I stumbled on via Maya Reynold's blog , and the other one, Melan...
Don't miss out on the latest! OUT NOW: Kissing a Billionaire Collection Featuring romantic stories by Taylor Hart, Heather B....
$100 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash Giveaway Just think how many books you could buy with $100! Or maybe you need a new Kindle! O...