- With my colleagues over at Precision Editing Group, I'm speaking at The League of Utah Writers Roundup. The five of us are teaching an all-day workshop on writing, plotting, and editing on Friday, September 17. The other instructors are H. B. (Heather) Moore, Josi Kilpack, Julie Wright, and Lu Ann Staheli. It's gonna be awesome.
- I'm also teaching several classes at the Writers Conference sponsored by the American Fork Arts Council. They'll have a bookstore at the conference. Chocolate Never Faileth should be there for sale! Woot! See details and find out how to register HERE.
- Speaking of chocolate, we're a month away from the cookbook hitting shelves!!! (Yippee!!!)
- You can even pre-order Chocolate Never Faileth from Deseret Book now!
- Did you hear about that chocolate cookbook that's coming out soon? :-D
- And that a companion DVD will also be sold? On it, you can see me talking too fast and having fun with chocolate and my buddy Sarah M. Eden.
- Recently discovered a cool new product for people in LDS leadership positions: planners specifically targeted to help presidency members keep things organized and running smoothly. (Cool idea, no?) Right now, the company is giving away the Primary planner for FREE to anyone willing to try it out and give feedback before they launch their 2011 line. To get yours, check out LDS Planners by ID Clare.
- #2 finished Mockingjay last night. I'm having fun discussing it with her ("Did you guess who Katniss would end up with? What did you think about X? Did you like the end?" As much as I hate my kids growing up, days like this are real perks: I love discussing ideas and books and all kinds of things with them. (It's like they're becoming real people or something . . .)
- I recently booked #4's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's. She keeps hugging me in thanks, saying, "It's going to be perfect!" Her effusive gratitude may be the only thing keeping me from retching at the idea of entering that place again.
- Happy Labor Day!
Monday, September 06, 2010
Therefore, it must be a Monday. Or a holiday. Or both.
UPDATE: Firsts and Lasts is now live as an ebook, and it'll soon be available in paperback as wel! Get the ebook HERE . I've got s...
My older sister and I are similar in a lot of ways. We're both writers. We're both readers. We both majored in English. We both ador...
The Original Scrapbox has a brand new piece of organizing furniture and you have a chance to win it! Introducing the Office Box... And ...
A lot of writers, other creative types, and even parents worried about their children have asked me about my experience with ADD/ADHD/AD...