Registration for the 5th Annual LDStorymakers Conference, March 21 & 22, is now available here. The conference is always such a shot in the arm for me. It's one of my favorite times of year. (Christmas in the spring!) We've simplified the registration process so you can pay online.
This year is shaping up to be our best conference ever. Among the highlights:
- One of our keynote speakers is Timothy Travaglini, Senior Editor at G.P. Putnam's Sons (a division of Penguin Group, USA). For those of you who know Janette Rallison, he is her editor (known by her blog readers as the "bow-tied" one).
- The return of Boot Camp, the hugely popular hands-on critique workshop prior to the regular conference each day.
- A Publishers' panel, with representatives from all the major LDS publishing houses.
- Pitch sessions with both Covenant and Deseret Book
- Manuscript reviews with Tim Tavaglini
- Choice of some 20 break-out workshops taught by established authors (including yours truly) on a wide range of topics and covering all skill levels.
- A writing contest
- Entertainment by comedian David Nibley (best known from his role in The Best Two Years and one of the funniest guys around)
- Several keynote speakers you won't want to miss
- and more
Part of that "more" is what immediately follows the conference: The first-ever Whitney Awards Gala.
Speaking of which, if you haven't nominated what you feel are the best books by LDS authors from 2007, do it soon! You have about a week and a half before the deadline (December 31). Don't assume that a particular book is shoo-in. (I've made sure to nominate some favorites; I'm not leaving it up to chance.) Nominate from WA website link above.
Another note: The facilities for the conference demand that we cap the number of attendees, so if you plan to come, sign up soon to reserve your spot. Likewise, the pitch sessions by Deseret Book and Covenant and the manuscript reviews by Mr. Travaglini are filling up fast, even though registration has been open for only a couple of days. If you want to snag one of those, hop to it!
Heather and I (and our terrific committee!) have been doing behind-the-scenes work for next spring, and it's exciting to see the pieces gradually coming together.
See you in March!
Annette - I want to sign up. I really do! But the link on ldsstorymakers.com seems to be broken...
How odd. Several people have registed already, so it used to work. I'll ask our web guy to check into it. Try again later! (Thanks for letting me know.)
Ah, the thought of attending some day makes me all misty eyed. Some day!
It sounds SOOOO fun!
Post a Comment