Rebecca tagged me for this one, and since I haven't blathered much (at least lately) about my non-writer self, here goes: Seven random things about me you probably didn't know.
1) I clean left to right. Or right to left. But I can't stand cleaning randomly. I have to see my progress and what needs to be done next. For example, when I'm cleaning the kitchen counter, one end will be clean and clear while the other is still messy with dishes and junk mail as I move my way across it.
2) I select my clothes left to right. Unlike people who organize their closets by color or whatever, here's what I do: I hang up clothes on the right side of the closet. When I get dressed, I try to find something from the left side first. This tells me pretty quickly what clothes I don't really like to wear (or which no longer fit or whatever), because they end up lingering on that end of the closet. If they sit there too long, I know it's time to get rid of them. Goofy, I know. But it has an additional bonus: I often stumble across clothing combinations I never would have thought of otherwise.
3) When I was a kid, I had toenail fungus in my left pinkie toe, which made it thick, yellow and weird shaped. We tried all kinds of home remedies to get rid of it. Somehow it's gone now. No clue why.
4) I'm becoming my parents. I'll pass a mirror and notice a facial expression or gesture that's totally Mom. Or I'll hear myself saying something that sounds eerily like Dad. (Notably, "Giiiiiirls . . . go to sleep!")
5) I had mumps as a kid. Twice. That's not supposed to be possible.
6) I have a scar on my chin thanks to my brother. Considering this is the guy who dragged me around in sleeping bags, locked me in the closet, and set my hair on fire (not kidding), you'd think it's a miracle that I don't have more scars. But here's the thing: I got my chin busted open while he was playing nicely with me. I think I was three.
7) I did my own nails for my wedding, complete with acrylic. They were bright red and looked awesome.
UNDER THE MISTLETOE ONLY 99 CENTS: CLICK HERE This volume is a collection of (PG-rated!) contemporary romances, all with a Christmas t...
My older sister and I are similar in a lot of ways. We're both writers. We're both readers. We both majored in English. We both ador...
The Original Scrapbox has a brand new piece of organizing furniture and you have a chance to win it! Introducing the Office Box... And ...
A lot of writers, other creative types, and even parents worried about their children have asked me about my experience with ADD/ADHD/AD...