1) Edits for Band of Sisters are done and turned in. They were pretty painless. To make things even better, Kirk's a riot. He kept inserting funny comments along the way that made me laugh. (I've mentioned that I'm glad he's my editor, right? Just a few times?)
2) I had a phone call on Wednesday that lasted nearly an hour and a half with the man behind an amazing charity that I will be partnering with soon to help families of deployed soldiers. I know that a lot of people want to do something for families in that position but simply feel helpless and don't know what they can do that would make a difference.
Here's something anyone (yes, you!) can do that can make a significant difference in a family's life. Details will be forthcoming as the release of Band of Sisters gets closer. Let's just say I'm totally stoked for this!
3) I've taken on a new blog job. Sort of. I'm apparently either really brave or a total idiot. Time will tell. The Association for Mormon Letters has started a brand new blog, Dawning of a Brighter Day, with several bloggers. I was asked to be one of them. I was honored/ smart/stupid/brave/stunned enough to say yes. I feel almost like I've been invited to a party with the Doctors Crane and don't know what to say or wear, and I just know I'll end up looking like a buffoon.
Regardless, I'm jumping in and will do my best to hold my own with the academics and intellectuals hanging out there (many of the other bloggers are literature professors . . . um, yar?). My monthly posting day will be the 17th. That means my first post is due THIS COMING THURSDAY. No clue yet what it'll be about. Yeah, I'm a tad nervous. In the meantime, go visit the blog and check out the posts so far.
4) Hooray for the pre-posting feature! As I type this, it's actually Thursday night. On Friday, I'm taking an early birthday present trip for myself and will be cutting myself off from the Internet for a couple of days. I'll be heading to a hotel writing, reading, editing, eating, and sleeping to my little heart's content. I hope to finish reading the novel I'm on and get some serious headway on the next manuscript I need to be turning in soon. Plus eat and rest and just have some down time alone.
5) Remember that a week from tomorrow (December 19th) is my book signing with Heather (HB) Moore and Julie Wright in Spanish Fork from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. We'd love to see you there!
Have a great weekend! (I know I will!)
Can't wait for Band of Sisters!!
When I grow up (down?), I want to be you.
Happy early birthday. Have fun at the hotel.
I hope you have a great weekend!
I will be unpacking a moving truck at that time on the 19th. Otherwise, I'd totally be there. I mean, when was the last time I was within less than 600 miles of one of your booksignings?!?!?
Oh my - what a lovely birthday present to yourself! I'd tell you to enjoy but I've no doubt you will!
And let the nerves go, you're fabulous!
Of course they'd ask you to blog for them! You're FABULOUS!! Your weekend sounds divine too. I hope you have an excellent time and write much for me to enjoy!
Enjoy your Birthday Trip.
I love when someone's comments on my righting and they totally get me that makes me smile. I am glad you have an editor that seems to get you.
I'm off for a weekend with my sister.
The "Brothers Crane" reference totally made me laugh.
Did you use "yar" in the standard sense (i.e.: YAR!) that I've heard before or is there another meaning? :)
(Oh and I'm totally jealous of your weekend. What a great gift to yourself.)
Ooh...this sounds like a cool writing gig! Going to check it out now.
Hope your birthday and birthday trip were both wunderbar!
Blondie, I think I'm so intimidated that "yar" from high school just popped out!
Congrats on your finished edits, new blog "job" and getaway.
PS: Love that Heather Moore. Give her a hug in person for me!
How come all of the book signings are way down in Happy Valley?
We need some more famous people out here in outer darkness.
Happy early birthday!
And isn't buffoon a funny word? (You could never be one, by the way)
How do you manage to b so awesome? Really, you need to tone it down. It's a little daunting to the rest of us.
Happiest of birthdays and congratulations!
Post a Comment