A Happy List
At times, a list just feels good.
Some things that made me happy today:
1) Making quite a bit of progress at digging the house out from under some serious messes.
2) Getting a freelance check in the mail (which was a bit larger than expected, so double smiles).
3) Husband taking the day off work and saying, "This afternoon, if there's housework you want help with, let me know." (SERIOUSLY? WOOOOOOT!)
4) Meeting Emily M of Segullah for the first time. Even though we've corresponded a lot via e-mail, this was our first in-person meeting; we swapped some Whitney finalists to read. It was like chatting with an old friend. She reminds me of one of my cousins. (Emily, that's a compliment!)
5) Seeing Emily's post over at Segullah. Kinda made my day.
6) Wearing pants that make me look smaller than I really am (pants that hide those extra pounds that recently sneaked onto my waist . . . grrrrr).
7) Getting my Band of Sisters pass-along cards in the mail. They turned out gorgeous . . . and seeing them made the upcoming release feel more real! (It's coming! It's coming! We're only two weeks out!)
8) NOT being on deadline. (Which allowed me to, oh, do some housecleaning.) I enjoyed the fact that there wasn't work and a due date looming over me like a cloud . . . because I'll have another deadline soon, self-imposed or otherwise.
9) I was about to say kids not fighting, but then two of them rushed into my office . . . fighting. So, yeah. Forget that one.
10) I won't be cooking dinner tonight. Always cause for celebration.
Up tomorrow: Word Nerd Wednesday, my day at Writing on the Wall, and my AML post for the month. (What was that about no deadlines?)